Thursday, August 21, 2008

I was not the only one who thought it was a good idea

The weather was awesome yesterday. It was warm but not too warm. Sunny. NOT raining. Around 9:30 I decided we should get out of the house. But, what to do? Of course! The Zoo!

At this point of the morning no one was dressed yet, bags were not packed, lunches not made. So I quickly packed everything together including snacks and lunches that Sean could eat, got everyone dressed and loaded into the car. We left the house about 20 minutes after 10 and arrived at the zoo around 10:50 ish.

This is when I realized that I was not the only one with this brilliant idea. The line stretched across the parking lot. Thankfully it moved pretty quickly and we were inside in no time.

Meghan and Sean were really good the entire time. Meghan did tend wander and I felt like I was constantly yelling at her to stay close. But overall, she was great. Sean thought every animal was a kitty cat. Meghan got to feed the deer.




They even posed for a few pictures for me.






I was really glad I packed a lunch because the place was so busy. (I could just imagine myself asking the people behind the counter for the ingredients in their chicken nuggets as I tried to find something not made with milk.) We found a picnic table by the monkey cages and ate there. Sean started screeching his high pitched scream and the monkeys were answering back. I swear he sounded like he belonged there.

All in all it was a great day. Meghan managed to go the entire time without having to go potty. Which was incredible and made things sooo much easier. The line for the bathroom was scary. I'd like to take them back again soon. Maybe in early fall when kids are back in school and it won't be so insanely busy there.

I uploaded the entire set of photos to webshots. Sorry for the blurry deer pictures. I did take a few videos but have not had a chance to look at them yet.



Southwick’s Zoo - Aug ’08

0 Comments: